11 months ago
THE JOB AND POSITION AVAILABLE:
THE JOB: A great opportunity to join one of London’s best property management teams in their head office in Wimbledon.
This role will entail the following:
- Complete the daily import of the division’s bank statement onto the CML system in a timely manner in line with company procedures ensuring that all non- allocated payments are investigated and assigned correctly.
- Offset previous day’s payments on the bank reconciliation. Accurately reconcile all outgoing and incoming payments ensuring that payments and receipts balance. Investigate and resolve any that do not. Ensure all entries are posted in time for the production of the month end bank reconciliation.
- Monitor and maintain the CML cash book on a daily basis. Investigate any unreconciled items and ensure that the spreadsheet that captures unallocated items is kept up to date as items are resolved. Ensure that all branches are notified by email with the list of unallocated payments and action any responses accordingly.
- Process direct debit requests, accurately and within given deadlines of the rent due date to minimise any delays in timely rent collection. Advise the relevant Client Accountant of any rejected requests so they can follow these up with the relevant party.
- Process direct debit submissions, as necessary and ensure the Client Accountants are advised of any that are unsuccessful.
- Enter direct debits onto the CML system in line with company procedure and in a timely manner.
- Process all card payments taken through the Card net system onto CML and ensure they are accurately allocated to the correct customer.
- Complete the daily and monthly payment runs for landlords and tenants in accordance with the company’s procedures. Raise cheques to process manual payments, where required.
- Print and despatch, by email, landlord’s account statements and remittance advices on a timely basis and use the email checking report to ensure they are being emailed to the correct email address.
- Import the payment batches onto the company’s banking system in a timely manner, in accordance with company procedure and ensure they are authorised by the appropriate senior manager. Coordinate relative Client Accountant regarding any rejected payments.
- Provide cover for the Accounts Assistant role.
- Support the management team with ad hoc tasks as appropriate to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department. Including periodic data cleansing exercises.
- Processing supplier payment runs in line with company procedures
- Review all Petty Cash expenditure that is recoverable from landlords or tenants and, in particular costs incurred from key cutting. Update the key cutting spreadsheet on a regular basis to ensure the costs are attributed to the appropriate property and are invoiced to the relevant party by the Client Accountants in accordance with company procedure.
- Run weekly/monthly control reports to ensure data continuity.
Professional skills and experience
• Has experience of working in a similar role within the client accounts function of a residential lettings agency.
• An understanding of the company’s internal processes, procedures and key deadlines.
• Worked in a fast paced office environment where priorities change regularly and operates successfully in this environment.
• Experience of dealing with customers and is able to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely particularly on email and by telephone.
• Strong administration skills.
• IT literate – Outlook, Word, Excel and preferably experienced in using relevant client accounts and client information systems such as CML. Excel experienced ideally extends to using Excel VLOOKUP functions and Pivot Tables.
OUR CLIENT: Known as one of London’s leading estate agents this Prime property company has over 50 offices within the capital spanning from central to west, east, south and north London. An innovative company with exceptional staff training, excellent track record in sales and literally a household name within London subsequently attracting some of the best instructions for sales and lettings. Covering all disciplines of the property market form Sales right through to property management, investment and New Homes this company can offer a full career and growth right from junior level through to senior appointments. Their staff retention is high and they reward from within preferring to promote high performing and dedicated individuals to senior positions.
The post is looking to be filled immediately.
For further information please call Genum recruitment on 0203 771 4148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org